Monday, August 20, 2012

About Those Who Care


These past weeks of my life have been incredibly difficult and I have experienced life at it's most raw state. But all things difficult come hand in hand with at least a little bit of good.

A friend  posted this on facebook several days ago and it made me think of all the people who had been so helpful to me/us lately.

 


Here's a list of some of them:

1. The manager in the bank who not only helped us with my mom's account, but took the time to talk to me about her and encouraged me to be brave and loving. 
2. The lady who does the cleaning in my parents' house and went above and beyond, making my mom feel loved and cared for and helping me feel at ease in a home that is my home, but not really.
3. My amazing friend Isabel who came to visit my mom while in the hospital and kept me company then and when she passed away. 
4. All the people who have helped take care of my girls back home. Also those who have provided meals for them.
5. Damon's cousin who has helped us get here and back with his airline passes.
6. Friends who send me encouraging messages that make me feel like I can actually face this music and live through it.
7. The ladies from church who provided us with meals and comfort food during those tough first days.
8. My cousin Paola who came from far away to rescue me.
9. My cousin Pedro who has taken me under his wing.
10. My aunts. Oh, my aunts. My mothers.
11. The CNA who was so tender with my mom when everything was still scary and confusing.
12. The pain management doctor. He truly cared for her well- being and each one of his words and suggestions showed it.
13. My friend Paula, who has managed to contact me right at the critical moments when I have needed her help ever since my mom was diagnosed.

The list is longer, but you get the idea.

I will forever remember these days for the hard trial that they have been, but also for the way in which God has manifested himself through these and many other people who have been a blessing, who have been a friend, who have been encouraging and have taken the time to care. People whose words have always been uplifting and full of healing.

I feel like there is a strength that is not mine, that has taken me by the hand and guided me through these days. There is a strength that is beyond me that has lifted me up, carried me and dried my tears.

Each one of us, every day, is given the chance to be a blessing to others. It is our choice to take the chance and use it up. I have been the recipient of such blessings brought on by others and hope to have learned to do the same to those who stand in need.



2 comments:

  1. Love this ( and all of your blogs)! Thanks for sharing. You are such a wonderful person and friend! Sorry for all you have gone through. It is such a difficult time. Know that you are loved and missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tender mercies. I love you Pame!

    ReplyDelete