Friday, February 19, 2010

Learning to Love the Common Life

It was two days ago. I had heard about NieNie a long time ago but it wasn't until then that I looked at her blog. Her life after her accident amazes me, but her life before that made me think about mine in a different way.
Nie's life seemed so absolutely perfect. Everyday filled with happiness. I wondered if her road of life could really be that flawless, especially when mine at times seems filled with potholes.
But there is something I didn't expect to notice: our lives, deep down, were and are very similar. Here's why:
We both:
1.Have amazing husbands who love us madly
2.Have 4 beautiful children
3.Have a home filled with the happiest kind of love
4.Love the gospel of Jesus Christ and know we are beloved daughters of God
I wonder if my life has been just as lovely all along and I have not realized it. Did Nie realize it?
Maybe Nie's life isn't absolutely perfect, but she has this talent of highlighting all the lovely things she is blessed with everyday. The counsel of keeping a journal is so clear and wise to me now. Journaling emphasizes what you cherish and the tender mercies received every day (and so easily forgotten) that make life seem...well, perfect. Perfect for those who live it. And what a lovely legacy it becomes to those who come afterward, wondering who they are.

So, because I lead a life that seems to me very common, filled with routine, and in all honesty, exasperating at times, and have proved to be a terrible journal keeper, I have started this blog so I can show myself that life, even though common, is filled with joys and bits of perfection that tend to be overlooked.

Wow, that was long-winded. But since I am doing it for me (and those around me who are directly affected by my daily moods), I will make it a point to state everything I feel needs to be stated, clarified, defended and remembered.

So here goes nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment