Sunday, February 21, 2010

Roommaties

Yesterday we had a college roommate reunion of sorts. 4 of us got together and we skyped/phoned with 2 more who live in AZ. What a fun day.
We looked through old pictures and had good laughs. It felt like home.
Those first years at BYU were great for me. Such formative years.
I was clueless in so many ways.
We commented on how some of us have "stayed" a certain age and how for some the 30's seem so dreadful. I like my age. I like the 30's. I like me better now that I am older and somewhat less lost. I have a much better idea of myself, what I want, what I love and dislike.
These ladies helped me during the most crucial time: away from home, in a foreign place, on my own for the first time, trying to grow up.
I still wonder how on earth I ended up there, but I can't imagine what my life would be like now without those experiences.
I met more than wonderful friends who loved me despite my quirkyness (oh, and how quirky I was/am). I only wish I could see them more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment