Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Keeping it Real

Today, my sweet husband (and only follower) told me he really liked the post about Charlie because it makes our town seem lovely. I nodded and said something like "mmm, good", after all, this is the purpose of the blog, to highlight the lovely. But in reality, I very much dislike this wretched place (hence the need for the blog and such highlights). Some days I dislike it more than others. Today was a bad day.

On my first post I babbled about potholes in my life and trying to see the good things in it. Well, the major and only pothole as for now, is living in this very boring, isolated, lifeless suburb and having no way out in sight. It drives me crazy. I wonder how on earth I have lasted this long. The constant silence bears heavily on my soul and therefore my mood. Oh mood.

There has got to be more to a town. I long for a place where I can walk most everywhere I need to go and see people on the way. To hear, see, smell everyday life running its course.

If anybody ever reads this and knows of a good place, let me know. We might get there someday.

As far as a highlight for today: Damon asked the girls who is the smartest person they know. Sara answered "Mommy and Daddy". Good answer girl, you might be buttering us up, but still, good answer

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm so glad I invited you to read our blog (usually full of useless info...) because I had no idea you had started one! Yeah for me! Now I can really intrude in your private space!! :)

    We've always had a public blog til our last post apparently stirred up a little huffing at Brent's new job today. I guess somewhere around 100 people googled his name (being the new boss and all) and came across our blog. They perhaps took my post about his new job offensively, so there were complaints. SO, it's now private. And I'm glad it is~ if for no other reason than to be able to get in better touch with you and the family! Give them all a HUGE hug from us.

    Oh-- and our door is ALWAYS open for visitors if you really get that itch to hit a "happening" town like Philly, New York, or DC! I know exactly what you mean about feeling like you're stuck in a suburbian nightmare too! At least in SLC it was a bit busier and noisy. Funny how I find myself missing the noise every once in a while. New Jersey will be a big change from here in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete