Friday, March 26, 2010

of better days and a van full of cans

This week was rather dreadful. Lame days overpowering the good ones. But Friday turned out to be so nice. School was out, so Kristi invited us to come over to play, and that fixed the rest of the weekend. Nice friends will always make it better.
So here is my question: why do I insist on feeling bored and lonely, stuck in a place I don't like, when I have some nice friends with whom I could be sharing more of my common life? My days mixed with others' might become 100% better. So...
I should leave my awkwardness behind (well, at least ignore it) and just find the friends that are willing to share with me a little part of the day. I know for a fact that everybody has been given talents to bless each others' lives and that cannot happen unless we all get together at some point.
So here it is to Tiffany and our Project Fridays and whoever wants to come. Maybe I'll have someone come cook with me. I don't know. But I've got to appreciate the beautiful ladies around me and learn and laugh with them.
Saturday evening we had our friends Becky and Alexander with their kids over for dinner after a long absence. We made really yummy pizza (you should really give spinach and feta cheese a try) and had Becky's delicious cream puffs. Talked and talked, and then played a board game (a must). I hadn't realized how much I missed them. Here's to more dinner with family friends too!

On a whole different topic now...
Saturday I finally took can mountain to the recycling place and sold them for $89.66 . Nobody is getting rich, but it is $89.66 that we didn't have, and added to the cash contributions we got, it will make a nice contribution to help the Chilean people who are still suffering from the devastating earthquake that shook our country on February 27th.

Behold, 164 pounds of cans.


A BIG Thank You to all those who contributed cans, cash, and prayers for those in need.

1 comment:

  1. Those can donations are amazing! Way to go!

    And yes, you SHOULD definitely get out with your girlfriends more often. I know what you mean though. Some days seem to drag by and just having an adult to spend the time with makes those drab days go by quicker. Enjoy some spring weather (allergy medicine on hand!) and get out there! I'd drag you out with me if I were closer!

    ReplyDelete